Saturday, December 27, 2008

Murchison Falls National Park


Murchison Falls

My internship with Busoga Trust formally ended at the the of the first week of December. After that I took a few days to travel up to Murchison Falls National Park, the largest national park in Uganda. During my stay in the park, I went on a game drive through African tropical grasslands and saw several large mammals as pictured below. At the end of the game drive we spotted a leopard regally resting high up in the shade of tree. I wasn't able to get any good photos of this big cat, however. In the afternoon I went on a boat trip up the Nile to the base of Murchison Falls. The falls are formed by a narrow cleft in the Rift Valley through which nearly the entire flow of the river is squeezed as it cascades 35 meters down. I hiked around the top of the falls the next day which was truly impressive.



Water Buffalo and Birds
Crocodiles
Murchison Falls from above

No comments: