Saturday, December 27, 2008

Homecoming

I arrived back in Colorado on the night of December 16th, about 40 hours after I left Jinja. I was suprised at how comfortable I felt being back in the U.S. That comfort made me realize I hadn't really been gone all that long. Taking a hot shower and filling my water bottle from an airport drinking fountain were luxuries I'd always taken for granted before.

It's been over a month since I've updated this blog now, and eventhough I am already back at home, I thought I'd complete the story of my last few weeks in Uganda with the posts below just in case anyone out there is still reading and is still interested.

In about two weeks I'll return to class at CU for my 11th and final semester. I'm also going to start building a recumbent tricycle which I've got grand plans to ride from Colorado to the Pacific, over to the Atlantic and then back next summer. Stay tuned...

No comments: